At Cane & Boniface PC, our estate planning objective is to:
- help you take care of yourself and your loved ones,
- give what you have to whom you want to have it, and
- save taxes and fees in the process.
Each estate plan honors your individuality, encourages creative confrontation of mortality and consideration of how to transfer values as well as wealth. Where appropriate, we help you “do well by doing good” through charitable giving.
Cane & Boniface, PC will help you craft the estate plan best suited to your particular circumstances or challenging situations, including:
- revocable trusts
- strategies to reduce taxes
- special-needs trusts
- supplemental needs trusts
- life insurance trusts
- nomination of guardians
- planning for minors
- durable powers of attorney
- medical powers of attorney
- health care proxies
- living wills
- HIPAA authorizations
- providing for non-citizen spouses
- planning for disabled beneficiaries
- passing businesses to younger generations
- intentionally defective grantor trusts (IDGT)
- qualified personal residence trusts (QPRT)
- charitable giving through trusts, bequests and other vehicles
- distributing art or other unusual assets
- planning for incapacity
- protecting pets
- asset protection planning
- beneficiary designations
- other documents to carry out your wishes.
Estate Planning: Beginning the Process
The goal of our first meeting is to determine your estate planning needs and goals. This meeting will be more productive if we know something about you in advance, so we ask you to complete a confidential questionnaire before our meeting to provide us with the basic information needed to determine your estate planning needs.
To print a confidential estate planning questionnaire, click on your marital status below:
Making an Appointment
Please call us at 845-727-4000 to schedule a convenient time to meet with our estate planning attorneys. We will follow up our first meeting with:
- a written summary of your estate planning issues
- our recommendations of how to meet your goals
- a quote of the fee to carry out the plan.